The BSUH Inclusion Team ran the first Lesbian Visibility Day Discussion event at Royal Sussex County Hospital today, 26/04/2018. There was a presentation and videos to explore different themes about lesbian identity in the workplace and beyond, along with other resources to encourage learning and discussion.
What was the purpose of the event?
- To bring people together who share common identity strands to share and learn from each other about negotiating the workplace.
- Provide a safe space, and reduce the fear and stigma around lesbian visibility to facilitate discussion of issues specific to the group relating to the workplace.
- Think about how the wider environment impacts lesbian identity, confidence, behaviour and expectations.
- Provide an opportunity to develop self-knowledge about workplace behaviour.
- Think about how an organisation, and what elements in an organisation can support a safe, healthy, progressive workplace for lesbians.
Feel free to use the resources (below) developed by the Inclusion Team.
The Inclusion Team will continue to develop resources and explore ways to support the diversity of staff and patients which reflects their needs. Staff and patients will be able to access the resources through this website, or you can contact us by email if there are other support mechanisms and resources that you need.