There was a strong presence of BSUH NHS Trust staff at Trans Pride Brighton this year. Feedback was overwhelmingly positive and we look forward to supporting our trans, non-binary and intersex staff and patients throughout the year.
Staff from across the Trust contributed to and supported the event. Below are some of the highlights from this year.
- The LGBTQ+ Staff Network stepped up as volunteer stewards and publicised the event widely.
- Our Clinical Media Centre put together posters to promote the event.
- Our Communications team wrote copy for our Trust-wide publication, Buzz, and also included information on digital services.
- BSUH Midwives (below) were at the park and on the march with specially made pink, blue and white sashes.
- The hospital flew the Trans flag for another year from the Barry Building (main hospital entrance). The Estates team were brilliant at getting it up and flying on time.
- Clinic T staff (below) were on the parade and at the park.
- The EDI Team and other BSUH staff attended events around the city including the conference.
Below is a video of the event by My Genderation.