We have a responsibility under the NHS Accessible Information Standard to offer reasonable adjustments to support people with disabilities or sensory loss to fully understand the information given.
We continue to work to meet the core requirements of the standard for everyone we provide care for: patients, service users, carers and parents.
What we offer
There are different services to help you get the most from your hospital appointment or stay. Some of them are:
- Interpreting services, including British Sign Language interpreting for appointments
- Information in a range of formats, including Braille, overseas languages, Easy Read, large print and audio
- Appointment letters in different languages
- Specific guidance on using interpreting
- Textphone and SMS text messaging
- Learning Disabilities Liaison Team
- Hospital passport – for you or your carer to tell us your needs
- Sonido listening devices
- The Hospital Communication Book
- Deaf/blind (dual sensory) support
- BrowseAloud on our website
Need more information?
For more guidance get in touch with us.